Oneida County Pioneer Museum

27 Bannock Street Malad Idaho

208-766-4847

Hours:  Tues-Sat 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. or by appointment  - Admission is Free- Donations Accepted

   

Malad Home Page                                        

History of the Museum

This Building was built in 1914 by R.B. Davis and used as a Drug Store for many years.  Miles Slater was the pharmacist.  The original pressed-tin ceiling and the original safe are still in good condition and are interesting features of the Oneida Pioneer Museum.

For Many Years this building housed the State Liquor Store and was later used as a Sears Catalog Outlet.  It has been the home of the Oneida Pioneer Museum since 1992.

The upstairs, which is no longer used, was several small apartments with one common bathroom at the end of the hall.  The outside entrance to the basement at one time led to a dentist office and later to an ice cream parlor.    MORE

Click on an Image to enlarge.

m4.jpg (15840 bytes) m02.jpg (23776 bytes) m10.jpg (15226 bytes) m5.jpg (16492 bytes) m16.jpg (12941 bytes)
m18.jpg (16359 bytes) m7.jpg (21046 bytes) m13.jpg (16911 bytes) m15.jpg (12715 bytes) m6.jpg (15425 bytes)
m11.jpg (17204 bytes) m11.jpg (17204 bytes) m01.jpg (16222 bytes) m17.jpg (22319 bytes) m19.jpg (13167 bytes)
m8.jpg (25679 bytes) m9.jpg (30575 bytes) m12.jpg (23489 bytes)     
  Go to Malad Home Page
  

More History

Samaria    Malad    Legends

  

If you have more information on the History of the Malad Valley please contact the system Administrator.  e-mail.